Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Thursday, November 24, 2022
     

     Giving Thanks


    Nearly a year ago, I began a personal journal. At that time my father had passed away, my mother was still alive and I was not sure where I was going or what I was doing. I left full-time practice in January of 2020 and knew I did not want to go back.

    At first I made entries every day, but at this point I haven't made any for several months. Nevertheless it served its purpose. I made the decision to keep working part time; I sold my house and moved into my parents' home; I weathered the loss of my mother; I committed to moving out of state. So for now, I have a new normal. The only thing I really haven't accomplished is to start writing on a regular basis, but I no longer have any excuses. My big test is over and done with (I passed the Boards recertification, hooray!)

    I am grateful for where I am and what I'm doing. Grateful for my good relationship with my siblings and their families. Glad that I've made the effort to see my friends more often and that I have the time to help them when they need it.

    I'm even grateful for that cat. Gazebo still won't come near me but seems to be slightly more at ease with my presence, and I feel good that I've been able to make his/her/its life easier. And I want to end this post with my holiday advice to you all: Sharpen your knives. 

    No, really. The kitchen knives here were the dullest things you've ever tried to work with. Finally I found a sharpener, got them taken care of, and now kitchen prep work is so much easier! It's made a huge difference and I am more inclined to cook now that I don't have to wrestle with trying to chop vegetables. This will, as they say, change your life. 

    Happy Thanksgiving and Advent.

    Labels: , ,


    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment