Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Wednesday, May 11, 2022
     
    It's Time, It's Time, It's Time

    I am in the process of moving. About a month after my mother passed away, the property behind me began construction on a new building which will likely be a condominium. All the trees that shielded my house from the Eastern sun are gone. There is construction noise every day. Despite that, the house is in a desirable area and it sold quickly. So now I am packing and moving. The traffic and crime in Los Angeles continue to worsen, and I just don't want to live here any more; it's time. 

    I am still working with my medical group off and on, but I see no reason to continue staying on the hospital staff; it's expensive and membership needs to be renewed every two years. I just got word that I have been transferred to a new committee (every staff member needs to belong to at least one, and I liked my old one a lot). Certainly this isn't the end of the world, but it's one more change that has influenced my decision: When my membership comes due in January I will let it expire. It's time. 

    I am moving into my parents' house in the hope of getting it ready for market. This will take over a year (it is stuffed full of everything from my father's office equipment to model trains) but it is will be a relief for all of us in the family to divest ourselves of all this stuff! Then I plan to move out of state, though I am not sure where yet. It is definitely the right time to move out of California.

    Labels: ,


    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment