Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Sunday, January 19, 2020
     
    In Mourning

    This past week I lost a friend, the husband of my good friend V. Shortly before Christmas he became very ill and after several weeks in intensive care he passed away. He would have turned 62 today.

    R was an unassuming, yet fun and interesting, man. His interests included astronomy, woodworking, music (especially novelty music - his Christmas CDs have to be heard to be believed) and dogs. He dabbled in brewing his own beer. He was a wonderful father and was always to be seen at his children's soccer and softball games, acting as team photographer. He was proud of his Irish heritage and every St. Patrick's day he and V threw a huge neighborhood party.

    A hospitable couple, they made me welcome on summer weekends - I would drop by, bringing wine and appetizers, and R would fire up the barbecue after we swam in the pool.

    I will miss him very much; he will be missed by many. The funeral is in a week and I am sure the church will be full.

    Labels: ,


    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment