Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Friday, October 23, 2015
     
    Nine Days Later

    Well. Dad got through the aortic valve procedure okay, I am glad to say. The one-week follow up did not go so well. I don't want to throw in too much detail but he had a lot of swelling and pain which developed after he was discharged from the hospital. He of course did not share this with anyone, including my mother, until the night before the appointment. He insisted on wearing an old pair of scrubs to this appointment, as he could not put on a pair of pants - but he could not tie the scrubs and his pants kept falling down. (I sent an urgent memo to my mother to get him some sweat pants ASAP.)

    He had to have a lot of neurologic testing done that day which further delayed us, and the cardiologist who had presided over the AV replacement wanted him to have an ultrasound. Long story short, we did not get home until after 9 pm, at which point my mother realized that she had lost the key to her car.

    So I drove the 30 miles or so to their home and picked up the spare key, then drove back, then realized I had lost my cell phone.

    That was the worst day by far. The rest of the summer was still pretty hairy, but nothing like as bad. While all this was going on, one of my co-workers was out of the office due to a severe illness of a family member; add all this up and you can probably see why I have not posted in a while.

    But it's fall now, things seem much better and I'm going to leave it at that. It's time to get back to my usual ramblings.

    Labels: ,


    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment