Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Tuesday, March 05, 2013
     
    A Really Good Headline

    As a good Stepford staff member of Tertiary Care Center, TCC's intranet web page doubles as my home page. Every morning when I fire up the box I am greeted by perky articles about the Star Safety Team Member of the Week, the latest blood drive/fundraiser/politically correct spokesperson for Disease X, or warnings about parking restrictions due to construction. There is nothing intrinsically wrong with this. It's just part of working for a big corporation (which, let's face it, I do).

    My complaint here is that whoever writes the headlines for Tertiary Care Center's intranet web page needs some remedial education. This morning the top caption reads:

    A Benign Brain Tumor, a Malignant Tumor, a Love Story and a Doctor's Reassuring Presence

    I haven't read the story, but I'm sure it is heartwarming. No doubt. Unfortunately when I read this, my twisted brain immediately produced the following:

    ...and a Partridge in a Pear Tree
    ...and Two Hard Boiled Eggs. Make That Three Hard Boiled Eggs
    ...and Six Weeks To Live

    Rewrite, people! Rewrite!

    Labels: ,


    2 comments

    2 Comments:

    My mind is even more twisted; the headline created in my mind the outline of a love story between the benign brain tumor and the malignant tumor! With the reassuring doctor standing by to bring the two lovers together.

    By Blogger Dr. Mabuse, at March 12, 2013 at 5:51 PM  

    Gah, I'd do it. I need a job :(

    By Blogger Pisser, at July 21, 2013 at 1:12 PM  

    Post a Comment