Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Monday, April 11, 2011
     
    To Kindle, or Not?


    My roommate on the Guatemala trip had a Kindle. She loves it. I had never considered purchasing one, but after checking hers out I am having serious thoughts about it. She says the battery lasts forever, and that Amazon has a large selection of copyright-free books which cost nothing to download. It's light and takes up very little room. I can see where it would come in really useful while traveling.

    My inner Scrooge McDuck is telling me, "You don't NEED this." And I could certainly get by without it. But it would be a great gadget to have.

    Any thoughts from the audience? Do you have a Nook or Kindle, and if so, what do you think of it?

    Labels:


    3 comments

    3 Comments:

    I read my first online book in 2004 at Project Gutenberg (Buchan's Greenmantle) but I find it harder reading onscreen. On the other hand my mother-in-law reads all the time and her Kindle goes everywhere with her. Gets rid of all the damn books lying about the place!

    kitchen hand

    By Blogger paul kennedy, at April 12, 2011 at 8:35 PM  

    I didn't like an earlier generation Kindle; contrast too low, the feel was just wrong, et c. I didn't like the push button page turning at all. But other folks have liked it a lot. OTOH, I like my wife's iPad as a reader a lot, and plan to get one for myself as a reader for more casual stuff.

    By Blogger Jack, at April 14, 2011 at 12:21 PM  

    I got my Bride a Kindle for Christmas. I'm pretty sure she likes it a lot, judging by all the "confirming your purchase from Amazon" emails I keep getting...

    By Blogger Mr. Bingley, at April 28, 2011 at 3:57 AM  

    Post a Comment