Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Thursday, October 14, 2010
     
    Weird Wedding Stuff


    Wedding planning seems to bring out any pathologic personality traits people possess. Have you ever noticed that? I can understand that people want their wedding to be personal, but I really think there is a case to be made for standardized wedding ceremonies. (When I run the universe, the standard will be the Book of Common Prayer.) Engaged couples want their ceremony to be "unique," whatever that means. Truth is that all weddings merge together into one hazy, pastel colored, church/beach/garden-at-sunsetty memory within a couple of months...

    Unless some horrible disaster takes place during said ceremony. Or unless the couple's plans are outstandingly strange. Like a wedding at McDonald's. Or a Hello Kitty themed wedding. You think I'm joking? Click on the links.

    Perhaps you'd like this Super Mario-themed wedding cake?


    Why? Why??

    I have no wedding on my horizon, but if I did I'd plan something more tasteful and dignified. Like getting married in Las Vegas by an Elvis impersonator. (My mother would pitch a fit. This is sounding better and better!)

    h/t Instapundit for the McDonald's link

    Labels: ,


    3 comments

    3 Comments:

    Cheese-loving friend of mine had a wedding cake made entirely of cheese of all kinds - large rounds diminishing in size propped up by columns of other cheeses.

    kitchen hand

    By Blogger paul kennedy, at October 17, 2010 at 9:08 PM  

    I would like that Super Mario cake. Though, not for wedding. Just for cake. Which is practically the only reason why I go to weddings, anyway.

    I want a cheese wedding o_O

    By Blogger Pisser, at November 5, 2010 at 11:26 PM  

    I got married in Vegas. No Elvis impersonator, but the possibility of a live monkey was constantly imminent(the chapel had been the subject of a reality show on ABC Family, and the owner had her own monkey which had run of the place).

    The chapel was "The Garden of Love". It no longer exists because they were big douches who would "steal" other brides and grooms from the chapels that the couple originally reserved.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at November 19, 2010 at 7:22 PM  

    Post a Comment