Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Thursday, June 17, 2010
     
    Vacation, All I Ever Wanted...


    I have to go back to work on Monday. DO NOT WANT. Since I got home I've not done all that much: went out to dinner with my parents, spent the weekend with them, spent way too much time on the Internet pontificating, and got a lot of pesky errands done. I also went cherry picking. No, that's not a euphemism for anything. It is cherry season, and if you are willing to get in the car and drive out of Los Angeles, you too can have fresh picked organic cherries from the Leona Valley. They are delicious. In short, I have enjoyed myself no end.

    Did I mention I have discovered eBay? Perhaps I should go back to work before I spend my life savings on things I don't really need. Like rabbit figurines. (I can explain!) I was born in the Chinese Zodiac Year of the Rabbit, and have been collecting the odd rabbit figurine here and there for some time now. Well, at some point I realized that I could get online and check out the offerings: Some are wincingly cute but some have character and personality. I seem to have found quite a few that fall into the latter category. In case you are wondering, by "quite a few" I mean "less than ten."

    I have done a bit of cooking as well but had to limit myself to items that could be frozen such as meat loaf and soup. Otherwise I would be faced with an uneatable pile of leftovers. I meant to set up my sewing machine for some as-yet-unrealized craft project but have not done so.

    It's been nice to have an undirected vacation for a change. I haven't done this in a long time. I just hope I can continue occasionally taking little trips around the city to see things without saving it up for some vacation time to be determined later.

    Labels:


    3 comments

    3 Comments:

    Ah, just wait until you discover how to SELL things on eBay! I remember when I showed my sister how to do it, and she had her first success. She called me to say that she immediately looked over her entire apartment and visualized selling everything in it. "In the end, I'd be sitting in a bare apartment, in a big pile of MONEY!"

    By Blogger Dr. Mabuse, at June 25, 2010 at 6:12 PM  

    How long did it take you to get to Cherryville? Am very tempted to go but never go anywhere without the dogs anymore as they love car rides, and I'm pretty sure dog poo is frowned upon in the orchard...

    By Blogger Pisser, at June 30, 2010 at 3:50 PM  

    From West L.A. it's a little over an hour, and that was early on a Saturday. It does take time but I think it's worth it once a year or so.

    By Blogger Dr. Alice, at July 26, 2010 at 9:06 AM  

    Post a Comment