Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Thursday, March 25, 2010
     
    Thursday



    I have two meetings later today but I'm enjoying my Thursday morning immensely, reading blogs and my Amazon recommendations and checking lab results. I slept in till 7:15! (Two hours later than usual.)

    I love having a four day workweek. I don't spend my Thursdays sitting around and watching TV though. Usually I do paperwork, call patients with lab results and/or attend meetings. Last week the Sears repair guy came to fix my oven (the door handle was falling off); the week before that it was the plumber. It's much faster to get service on weekdays than it is on weekends.
    ********

    Speaking of Amazon, this book was recently recommended to me in an email from their salesbot. I think it may win the title of Most Useless Craft Book Ever. "25 Bread Cloths for the Holidays"? Do people even use bread cloths anymore? I can see having one bread cloth for, perhaps, Thanksgiving and Christmas; those seem to be the only times anyone serves hot bread these days. But embroidering one of them, let alone several, is completely beyond me.

    As to why it was recommended, I do have a thing for craft books. I love reading them though I rarely make any of the projects. I find them soothing reading last thing at night. Some are more practical than others, like the ones that explain how to sew curtains and pillows. When civilization collapses it might be useful to know how to knit a sweater, but I don't think it will help to be well stocked with bread cloths.

    Labels:


    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment