Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Monday, January 25, 2010
     
    OW OW OW


    I spent all of today in pain, feeling as though construction workers were drilling a hole down through my maxillary sinus and into my upper jaw. Funny thing is, though, I don't feel sick - it just hurts.

    This started a few days ago with pain in my neck. Not my throat; just the front of my neck. I drove V. crazy Friday after work by persistently feeling my neck and remarking how tender it was.

    "Does it hurt when you do this?" she queried.

    "Yes."

    "Then DON'T DO IT!"

    Right, right, I know; but easier said than done.

    "I think I'm developing a carotid aneurysm. What do you think?"

    "It's possible," she answered straight faced. I think I went home at that point.

    Over the weekend, ibuprofen helped but the pain kept returning, then it traveled to my middle ear. Today I noticed the sinus pressure. No congestion or runny nose. I got another one of my partners to look in my ear, and she said everything was normal. I combed the office for antibiotic samples; none to be found. (Yes, I know you aren't supposed to self-treat. Shut up.) V. kindly called in a prescription for me tonight and I will pick it up tomorrow.

    Labels:


    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment