Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Thursday, January 28, 2010
     
    Irritating Overrated Writer Dies; World Continues Spinning on Axis



    You weren't that good, Salinger. I've read his stuff and never really saw the point.

    Though I will say I respected him for never selling "Catcher in the Rye" to Hollywood. He felt film would never do the story justice. Were it me, I would probably have gone along with Zane Grey who I believe is said to have said, "When you sell your story to the movies, take the money, turn your back and walk away," or words to that effect. You've got to do one or the other unless you are one of the very few writers who has enough clout to oversee the film (the only one I can think of offhand is J.K. Rowling).

    Labels:


    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment