Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Saturday, January 23, 2010
     
    I Dreamt About Bugs

    I realize it signals that you're pretty much scraping the bottom of the barrel when you blog about your dreams, but whatever. My dreams freaked me out so much last night that I simply have to post about them. Bugs, my friends. I dreamt about bugs, all bugs, all the time.

    I don't remember the dream in detail but it took place in a house that was not my own. First I was watching two spiders spin a web, viewing from up close; then for some reason I was (I think) in a basement, watching beetles and grubs digging in the dirt. Ick.

    So I got online and looked up dream interpretation. I mean, what would you do? I was happy to see that bugs don't signify death, or bad luck, or decomposition or what not. Instead, spiders signify that "you may want to stay away from a tempting situation" or perhaps might stand for feminine power. (Awesome!) Beetles indicate "that destructive influences may be at work in your waking life" or that "your values and beliefs may be being compromised." Apparently they do not stand in for John, Paul, George or Ringo. Insects generally mean that there are minor obstacles in one's life that must be overcome, or may be symbolic of precision, alertness and sensitivity.

    Overall this does not sound bad. Perhaps it all means that I need to stay on my diet, or maybe it relates to work. At any rate, it sounds like a healthy challenge rather than something out of Edgar Allan Poe. Let's see what I dream about tonight.

    Labels:


    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment