Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009
     
    How To Celebrate a 50th?

    I always enjoy reading Mark Bittman's food blog, Bitten. Over the last several months he's accumulated a few guest posters whose writing and recipe ideas are also excellent. A recent post by Daniel Meyer, dealing with his efforts to create a nice fiftieth birthday dinner for his mother-in-law, contained a suggestion that made me laugh out loud:

    My first thought was to buy her a quart of ice cream, a bottle of whiskey and a box of Kleenex, but that seemed insufficiently celebratory.
    I have not yet reached this milestone, but several of my friends and colleagues have. Perhaps when it's my turn I will mark the occasion in this manner. We shall see.

    Labels:


    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment