Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Sunday, August 16, 2009
     
    Birth Control: an Underused Option

    Via Not Martha I found this link to an excellent article about IUDs. I agree with the writer: I can't understand why more women don't use them. You do have to pay up front if your insurance does not cover the device, and this can cost from $300 to $500; but they are good for up to ten years. Even if you only used it for five years that would come to less than ten dollars per month, cheaper than the pill. I always offer it as an option, especially if the patient is looking for a birth control method which does not involve hormones.

    Labels:


    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment