Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Monday, July 06, 2009
     
    Glorious Fourth



    As to what I did for the holiday weekend: Not all that much. Went out to the suburbs to visit my folks; swam; priced refrigerators at Sears (Really. I need a new one. My current fridge is maybe 20 years old and is on its last legs); saw Transformers II; and bought an iPhone.

    Yee-haa! I have an iPhone! I'm still in the process of programming it, but I have one.

    As regards the Transformers movie, it was remarkably bad. What can you say about a movie that uses a dog-humping joke three times (once with a robot)? I can't say it was worse than any other big, dumb summer movie I've seen in the past... Independence Day and The Day After Tomorrow come to mind. Mainly I went because part of it was filmed on location at my alma mater and because I'm a fan of a couple of character actors who were featured in it - John Turturro and Glenn Morshower. This sort of film always has to have a couple of competent actors to anchor it. It also had a lot of neat location shots of Egypt and Petra, Jordan. Having been there six months ago, the travelogue bit held my attention.

    Other than that, not much happened and that suited me fine. Just having three days off in a row was enough.

    Labels:


    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment