Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Tuesday, December 16, 2008
     

    The Rain in Spain Transcribes Mainly in the Plain

    My struggles with using this dictation system continue. Although it works well most of the time, occasionally either my diction or the program slips up and the progress notes that result are, shall we say, interesting. One might almost call them surreal. For instance, "carb loading" comes out as "car bloating." Earlier today I used the word "incessant" and the program helpfully transcribed "incest and" instead. That could have been a disaster; thank goodness I caught it before I signed the note.

    Sometimes you just have to take your humor where you can find it.

    Labels:


    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment