Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Monday, December 08, 2008
     
    Comment of the Day

    From one of Ann Althouse's posts, about book clubs:

    Every new book club should start with Sartre's "No Exit".

    'Tis true: Hell is other people in book clubs. I belonged to one once, but quit due to several reasons: lack of time, dislike of the books chosen and the fact that one of the members viewed it as an opportunity to go on and on and on about herself. Not that she didn't lead an interesting life, but after the third session or so the monologue got to be a little draining.

    I learned that I never want to read another book by Gore Vidal (but I did manage to get my fellow members to read Laurie Colwin, a favorite author of mine).

    And, yep, I'm blogging again. Stay tuned.

    Labels:


    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment