Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Friday, August 22, 2008
     
    Paris in the Rain

    This is the second of my two days in Paris: I got in late Wednesday night and will be leaving for home tomorrow. Right now I'm sitting in an Internet cafe watching the rain pour down outside, trying to decide whether to continue with my plans to tour around or just go back to my hotel and sack out. The sack-out option is looking pretty good (it's a very comfortable room), but I think I'll soldier on for a little longer before going back.

    I've been to Paris before so I don't feel the need to run to the Louvre or Notre-Dame; I've really just been wandering around the city, doing some shopping and so forth. I've found the city quite pleasant and have scraped together the remnants of my high-school French, though I occasionally find myself substituting Spanish by mistake (it's embarrassing to be saying "gracias" instead of "merci"). I also had a delicious choucroute garni for lunch yesterday, which is sauerkraut cooked with ham, sausage and various other meats; reason enough to come to Paris if you like sauerkraut.

    My Internet time is about to run out so I'll sign off here. Next week it'll be back to the patients and paperwork, but I will be armed with a slightly better attitude thanks to the break. And Labor Day is coming up, so I still have a three-day weekend to look forward to.

    Labels:


    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment