Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Wednesday, June 11, 2008
     
    Travels


    So what have I been doing for the previous three months?

    Well, for one thing I was here:







    I was also here:




    My houseguests arrived in April and a busy time of it we had. Lee, a friend of mine from Australia, was my travel companion to Yosemite and the wildflower reserve in Antelope Valley (that's the second picture); she arrived just in time to see the flowers at their peak. The flower viewing fluctuates from year to year depending on the winter rainfall, and this was a good year thanks to all the rain we got in January and February.

    After Yosemite we arrived back in Los Angeles in time to pick up my other houseguests (from England, Texas and Louisiana) and we spent the weekend seeing Hollywood Boulevard, Mulholland Drive, The Grove, In-N-Out Burger and the Sunset Strip. My friends are rabid Battlestar Galactica fans, so when they heard that Bear McCreary was giving a concert at the Roxy the weekend they were in town they were mad to go. The music was great, but I could have done without the standing for three hours. (No seating! The managers at the Roxy must be insane!)

    We also got to take in a play at the Skirball performed by L.A. Theatre Works. They specialize in recording plays for radio, which are then broadcast on NPR. This particular play, Boats on a River, was the rationale behind this visit. My friends and I are 24 fans, and the play was to costar Gregory Itzin and Jean Smart, better known to us as the characters of President and Mrs. Logan from 24. Sadly, Ms. Smart had to drop out at the last minute, disappointing all of us (we originally met online as part of a 24 fan group focused on the Logans). But the play was terrific and Mr. Itzin did a fantastic job.

    It was an incredibly fun week.

    Labels: ,


    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment