Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Sunday, March 16, 2008
     
    Weekend Roundup

    I promised myself I'd do some blogging this weekend, yet I don't have anything really exciting to tell you. I spent the weekend on call. Not so bad really, except that due to a Citrix "upgrade" I lost the ability to access office and hospital records from home, so spent a good chunk of yesterday and today at the office. This system has spoiled me - it feels so awkward not having access to patients' charts!

    Citrix, in case you aren't familiar with it, is some sort of program that creates a liason between work computer systems and employees' home internet access. It turns out my sister's office uses it too. Sad to say it is somewhat temperamental and I made the weekend on-call computer types quite miserable trying to get me back on the system. As of tonight they still haven't succeeded.

    Church? Didn't get there. I don't even try when I'm on call, knowing I could get paged out every five to ten minutes. I did get around to making my standby green cheesecake though, tomorrow being Saint Patrick's. V. always throws a party for St. Pat's, good Irishwoman that she is. (Since St. Patrick's Day falls during Holy Week this year I asked her if we would be celebrating in sackcloth and ashes. Her response: "Hell no.")

    I did get a bit more housecleaning done, orgainizing my cookbook shelves in the kitchen and taking all the Internet recipes I've printed out for the past few years and filing them in a binder. The cookbook cupboard looks much better now.

    That's it. Stay tuned for more thrilling updates.

    Labels:


    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment