Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Saturday, January 26, 2008
     
    Dr. Alice Has a Camera; Be Very Afraid


    At least once a month and sometimes once a week I spend a significant chunk of my weekend driving around the city rounding on my nursing home patients. When my patients go to SNFs (skilled nursing facilities) or wind up requiring long term care, I follow them there; it's part of being a primary care MD. Two weeks ago as I was rounding I realized that I still had my digital camera sitting in my purse, where it had been living since my vacation. I decided to liven up my drive by taking random pictures around the city and had so much fun that I plan to do this every time I round.



    Wilshire Boulevard, Beverly Hills, early Sunday morning





    Los Angeles in January (when we're lucky; right now it's raining cats and dogs.)





    LET MY PALM TREES GO!! - a shot taken though the parking lot gate of one nursing home




    An arty close-up of the cinderblock wall, same nursing home



    It definitely livened up my day. I'll try to do this again.

    Labels: ,


    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment