Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Thursday, December 13, 2007
     
    On Why I Can't Fit Into Modern Society


    Several years ago, this would be about the time I started blogging, I went to a party in Hollywood. My hostess had a beautiful black cat darting around the apartment. I scooped it up and asked, "What is your cat's name?"

    "Chandler," she answered.

    "Oh, that's a wonderful name for a cat," I said warmly. "Raymond Chandler is one of my favorite writers and he loved cats."

    "Well, that's not why I named him," she replied blankly. "I named him after the character on Friends."

    "Oh," I replied blankly in my turn (I had not, and still not have to this day, seen Friends).

    'Nuff said.

    Labels: ,


    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment