Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Monday, February 19, 2007
     
    Get-a-Freaking-Clue Moment of the Week

    I spent yesterday finishing up my monthly roundup of nursing home patients. One woman I saw had to be fetched out of the day room, where the Patient Activities Session was being held. (The good news is, she's now well enough again to sit up in a wheelchair in the day room.) In honor of President's Day, the director was quizzing the inmates residents on Presidential trivia; all well and good, but remember, most of these people are pretty demented. As I wheeled my patient back to her spot in the day room, the director picked up a mimeographed sheet, smiled brightly around the room and asked, "Now, who was the seventeenth President?"


    DEAD SILENCE


    "Um," I offered, "I don't know who the seventeenth President was*. How about the first President?"
    *It took me ten minutes to figure out that the seventeenth President was Andrew Johnson - I only remembered this because I finally realized that Lincoln was the sixteenth.

    Labels:


    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment