Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Sunday, October 15, 2006
     
    What Happens When You're Febrile...



    ... is that when you run across stuff like this on the Internet, you think it's hilarious.

    Actually, I'm not febrile any more and I still do think it's hilarious. You can find more Family Circus/H.P. Lovecraft crossovers here if you're interested.

    What happened is I came down with a horrible case of tonsillitis - bad enough that I failed oral antibiotics. I dragged myself into work on Friday and, no joke, my secretary could see the lymph nodes in my neck from across the room - they were that big. One of my partners shot my gluteus maximus full of Bicillin and sent me home. The Bicillin, ordinary penicillin, worked where the Avelox failed me. It's Sunday night and I finally feel human again and less like Cthulhu.

    ETA: See also the Nietzche Family Circus - similar idea.

    Labels: ,


    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment