Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Tuesday, November 08, 2005
     
    Perfect Timing

    On the day when one of my wackiest patients came in for an unrelated problem and casually told me that she had had "some trouble seeing" with her left eye for two weeks, only for me to test her and find that she was totally BLIND in that eye...

    On the day I had three pre-op physicals in one afternoon...

    The day I got my latest patient census figures, showing that I currently have 1902 patients in my practice (and that's just the managed care, not PPO or Medicare!)...

    The day after I came back from a few days out of the office, still straining to keep my head above water...

    ... is the day I found, hiding below a state disability form I had to fill out for a patient, an interoffice memorandum with the title "PHYSICIAN SATISFACTION SURVEY."

    Oh, for God's sake. Where do you want me to start?

    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment