Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Friday, November 11, 2005
     
    Brief Post

    before dashing off to the ER for an admission. I'm on call tonight.

    First: Wacky Patient does, indeed, have osteomyelitis. She's bought herself six weeks of antibiotics and a vascular study of her legs to check her circulation. I hope she doesn't wind up needing surgery for this.

    Second: Our office had its annual Thanksgiving Potluck today; it's a tradition of The Firm that each office gets one. Ours is much earlier than usual this year - usually they wait till just a few days before the holiday. I guess the administration wanted to get it over with. Everybody signs up to bring something, usually their same specialty every year. V. brought her sweet potato casserole, which is several cuts above the usual marshmallow-laden goop. Hers has apples and just a touch of brown sugar - it's excellent. I brought my green cheescake (sounds weird but tastes good; I will post the recipe later). It's one of those retro-type desserts with jello and cream cheese, green creme de menthe and green food coloring. I loved it as a kid, decided to make it for the potluck one year and haven't been allowed to stop making it since.

    As always, we ate too much and then had to suffer through a long afternoon of seeing patients. I had a brief conversation with one of our medical assistants regarding this:

    MA: "I'm so full, doc. I can't take it no more!"

    Me: "Let me get you an ipecac. Or a toothbrush handle."

    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment