Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Thursday, August 25, 2005
     
    Waiters and Drug Pens

    Most doctors, except those who virtuously eschew even the smallest freebie from drug companies, are overrun with ballpoint pens. Every drug rep hands out fistfuls of the things whenever they visit an office. In case you haven't figured it out, I am not a virtuous doctor, and I have tons of these things all over my desk. I have livened up church meetings by loaning people pens ("Do you want the diabetes pen or the depression pen?"), but the waiter of Waiter Rant has taken this idea far further than I have. His simple but brilliant idea to get back at those pesky, demanding customers:

    Match the pen to the personality disorder.

    The man's a genius. He's also a great writer; check out his site if you haven't already. I do wonder, though: just where did he get all his drug pens?

    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment