Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Thursday, August 25, 2005
     
    Raiders of the Lost Lunch

    Again with the hospital rounds this week. It's been nonstop work, but I have enjoyed a little free entertainment with it. Eavesdropping on the little workplace dramas playing out around me against the background of admissions and discharges is fascinating. Let me give you an example:

    Setting: the nurses' station.
    A nurse hangs up the phone: "It was delivered to the wrong floor," she says disgustedly.

    Another nurse looks up and asks, "So where's the lunch?"

    "It's gone. They ate it. They were happy to get free food."

    "They ate our lunch??"

    "Yeah. I am so mad at them..."

    Oh, the tragedy. No sarcasm intended: it's little things like that that'll ruin your day. I hope the nurses track down their lunch scarfers and collect their money back.

    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment