Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Sunday, May 01, 2005
     
    And More New Links

    For caffeine-oholics - see the sidebar in the food section. Pro: Starbucks Gossip, Con: the Delocator.

    If I may digress for a moment, I really don't get the "I hate Starbucks" meme so popular in blogs today. You hate them for what - because they're successful? A company that makes money and goes out of its way to do the right thing - offers health insurance to every employee (and let me be the one to tell you I see a LOT of Starbucks employees as patients), encourages cultivation of organic coffees and land conservation (i.e., shade-grown coffee) - sure their prices could be lower, but other than that I don't see the problem. If you don't like their roast, fine, go somewhere else.

    Is Starbucks the Terminator of independent coffeehouses? There is no direct evidence that such is the case. In fact, there is some evidence that Starbucks has actually encouraged the growth of independent coffehouses, rather than discouraging them.

    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment