Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Saturday, March 26, 2005
     
    "More Wine for Polythemus!"

    I recently received the following email from a friend who shares my love of old movies. He's right, there aren't enough sword-and-sandal epics on TV anymore:

    When I grew up, particularly in New Jersey, the local television stations filled the week preceeding Easter with Bible/Gladiator movies. With the exception of "The Ten Commandments" which aired Saturday last week, there are no Gladiator movies on LA television or our satellite service!

    What would qualify for this genre? Any movie where you might see Victor Mature wearing sandals. Any movie where a character claps and says, "More wine for Polythemus!"

    If they are showing them where you live, please look out for:

    1) The Robe
    2) Demetrius and the Gladiators
    3) Ben Hur (Charlton Heston)
    4) The Silver Chalice (Paul Newman)


    I can't believe I missed "Ten Commandments" this year - I thought it was this weekend. I do have to say, if you've never seen "Ben-Hur," see it if only for the chariot race scene which absolutely rocks. And I love the "More wine for Polythemus" line - I'll have to use that the next time I'm in a bar. (I'll be going to Vegas in two weeks, might try it out there.)

    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment