Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Friday, December 17, 2004
     
    Condolences

    ... are due to Jack, who lost his father-in-law today. Norm sounds like a wonderful person.

    Bad news seems to be rife, which is one reason I haven't posted much. One doesn't want to be the spreader of bad news. But I have been brought down recently by the discovery of two patients with advanced breast cancer in the same week (one at age 39.) I'm coping with a higher than average nursing home census, fortunately most of these patients are there recovering from orthopedic surgery and not strokes or similar.

    And I've been sick. (I know, boo hoo.) I spent Wednesday home with a nasty case of bronchitis. After spending part of my sick day watching The Saint and The Avengers, I can testify to the healing power of BBC America and Tivo as well as Avelox. Those shows are guaranteed to perk you up.

    As we head into the holidays, remember those of your friends and family who are coping with hard times and sorrow. It's even more difficult for them at this time of year.

    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment