Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Tuesday, October 26, 2004
     
    You Don't Mess Around with Jim

    One of the non-joys of medicine is sitting on hold with a pharmacy when you're trying to call in prescriptions. The most painful part of this process is undoubtedly the Muzak they inflict on impatient callers. Once in a while, though, they play something you actually want to hear, and then it becomes even more frustrating...



    "Can I help you?" Damn!

    "Hi, I'm calling in a new prescription, I need the pharmacist."

    "Just a moment." Oh, sweet return to Muzak...


    ... And when the bad folks all get together at night
    You know they all call big Jim 'boss'... just because
    You don't tug --

    "Hi, how can I help you?" Shit! I want my song back!

    And the transaction was concluded. I toyed with the idea of asking her to put me back on hold to hear the end of Big Jim's saga, but she cut me off.


    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment