Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Friday, September 03, 2004
     
    I'm Going To Hell

    This morning I was calling back some patients, catching up on the messages that were left on my half day out of the office. (Yes, I got out of the office on my half day... but only to go to the dentist. You can't win.) Now, to understand what happened next, I need to explain (briefly) our message system. We use preprinted forms that contain info like time, date, and -- in the upper right-hand corner -- the name of the secretary who took the message. I should also explain that yesterday we had a pleasant young male temp working the front office, whose name I did not catch.

    So now maybe you'll understand why, in the middle of leaving a message on the patient's voicemail, I boggled when my eye caught the name in the upper right-hand corner:

    "JESUS".

    And all I could think was, Since when is the Son of God taking messages for us?

    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment