Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Thursday, August 19, 2004
     
    So Post, Already

    Sorry to sound like a broken record, but I've been busy. Let me cast a few links in your general direction and I'll try to do better on the weekend.

    Jeanette Winterson has an interesting review of the new version of The Stepford Wives (warning: it's chock full of spoilers, to the point where I'm wondering if this is the first time she's ever reviewed a movie). She's a feminist writer - an excellent one - and this naturally informs her take on the film. She liked it.

    Here (via Bookslut) is an article from Flak Magazine reviewing some of the best books of the 1990's, but with a different take: best cover, best use of punctuation, best paragraph and so forth. The writer's explanations for said awards are good, too. In other literary news, via The Captain, a great interview with J. K. Rowling in which, among other things, she reveals the title of the next Harry Potter book!

    Lastly, V. contributes this telephone message she received from a patient (V. is known for having some of the wackiest patients in the practice - she's a nut magnet). Verbatim:

    Re: I think I'm having a respiratory infection. I just came back from Asia and I'm never sick, it is very unusual, I'm having chronic stomach pain. I could be dying a slow painful death. Please call me.

    I told her, "If you ever needed an incentive not to call, it's right here."

    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment