Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Wednesday, August 11, 2004
     
    Mo' Money

    Gaaah. Two twelve-hour days in a row. I've been working shifts in Urgent Care, our after-hours clinic, to help pay off the massively incredible load of debt I've incurred due to the Batcave project (which, as I keep telling everyone, is "almost done"). The carpet is ready to be installed and the painting is nearly complete - except for the part that they're going to have to do over. Enough said.

    I didn't intend to work tonight, but one of the doctors forgot that he had been scheduled to be here; after brief negotiation, I took his place. I did not have to have my arm twisted very hard to agree to this, because this afternoon I was regretfully informed by the nice gentleman working on my hard drive that it was terminal and could not be resuscitated. (It's over six years old. I thought computer hard drives would just go on merrily computing indefinitely; apparently I was wrong.) So, I'm going to get a nice new twenty-first-century hard drive, but it's going to cost about $700.

    I'm tired. Hasta la vista.

    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment