Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Friday, July 30, 2004
     
    Back

    Sorry about the lack of posts. My home computer is acting up and I'm going to have to take it in to be brainwashed or put to sleep or something. Also, I was hit with a blizzard of work upon my return. In fact, the pattern of the rest of my summer is clear: work work work. That's okay, though, because summer is generally simpler: the school board isn't meeting, work committees are on hiatus. It's practically a vacation (she said, gritting her teeth).

    I realized yesterday - payday - that I'm going to be hit with one hell of a tax bill next year due to all this moonlighting that I'm doing, but I'll worry about that later. The house project is almost done (we haven't mentioned the house for a while, have we?) We're down to the carpet and paint part. Hallelujah. Of late, V. has taken to calling it "The Batcave" (as in, "I can't wait to see the Batcave when it's done.")

    One thought about Kerry's speech, which I was listening to in the car last night. His mantra was "Help is on the way!" After hearing this about five times, I started thinking: So, the American electorate is Timmy, and Kerry is... Lassie? Oookaaay...

    More later...

    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment