Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Monday, June 28, 2004
     
    Warning: Cute Baby Story Ahead

    My mother told me this story today and I just had to pass it along:

    My youngest nephew just turned two. His name is William, but lately he's become known as Trouble, as in "Here comes Trouble."

    Last weekend my sister and her family went to her in-laws' for dinner. Dessert for the kids was ice cream bars. The freezer in which the ice cream bars are kept is in the garage, which has a connecting door to the kitchen.

    So dinner was over and the adults were trying to have a conversation, when the doorbell rang. Outside was William, with an ice cream bar in his hand. He'd opened the door, gone into the garage, gotten into the freezer, extracted a bar and gone around to the front door and rung the doorbell to be let in! After discussion, my sister made William share the ice cream bar with his brother, and barricaded the door from the kitchen to the garage.

    It gets better: shortly after this, it started raining. My sister's mother-in-law decided to open the front door but leave the screen door closed to watch the rain. They continued with their conversation and soon there came a tapping at the screen door. It was William again, with bar number three in his hand. He'd sneaked out the screen door and gone back to the garage.

    At that point my brother-in-law gave up and shouted, "That's it, everybody into the car! We're going home!" (And William was made to put back the ice cream bar.)

    See what I mean about "Trouble"?

    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment