Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Monday, June 28, 2004
     
    Phone Call of the Day

    I got a message that "Patient called with allergy question."

    OK. Here is what she said: "I have an allergy to cats but I'm about to get one. What can I take?"

    Lady, don't get the freaking cat!

    Oh, wait. No, that was my fantasy reply. What I actually recommended was for her to try over-the-counter Claritin and keep the cat out of the bedroom.

    Nothing against cats, but if you're allergic no medication works as well as avoiding the allergen in the first place.

    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment