Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Tuesday, June 22, 2004
     
    Mal de HMO

    Gee, it has been a while, hasn't it... sorry. I could tell you all the excruciating details of what I've been doing the last two weeks, but suffice to say, I've been busy. Also creatively burnt out. But I do have topics to write about and will step up posts this week.

    I will share with you a recent bemused email from V. on the subject of How Your Health Insurance Funds Are Being Spent:

    I referred a patient to ENT & Neuro for persistent dizziness after a cruise. Ultimately, she had a VAT (Vestibular Autorotation Test). Tne upshot was that she suffers from Mal de Debarquement, "a syndrome defined by persistent sensation of swaying or rocking, particularly following sea travel."

    Golly, I'm sure glad we spent the money for that eval.


    OK, ok, we documented that she doesn't have anything worse & with this documentation, mayhap the ins. will auth vestib rehab. therapy. I dunno. But, dang!! We had to send her all over creation to make the diagnosis of Mal de Debarquement - when I thought she suffered from some sort of persistent sea sickness. Tres chic!!


    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment