Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Tuesday, May 04, 2004
     
    Back

    Hi. Thanks for the slogans you submitted - I love 'em. I may entertain myself by sending them in to the Infection Control Committee.

    So the last couple of weeks I took some time off to spend with my family who came to town for a visit, then went to Phoenix the weekend before last to see our former rector being ordained as the new Bishop of Arizona. Our church put together a roadtrip, and a whole slew of us went. It was a beautiful ceremony. I was interested to see Frank Griswold himself presiding over the whole thing. I didn't get a chance to speak to him but met his wife briefly.

    I spent a lot of time in Phoenix shopping, rather productively, I might add. I usually get one or two good-karma shopping days a year when I can find everything I'm looking for - the rest of the time I usually don't have much luck- so I took full advantage. I got a lot of birthday presents taken care of (and Mother's Day, too!) The last day we were there, I went into Scottsdale with a friend to shop for a few things; as we drove into town we passed an ice cream place called The Sugar Bowl. Suddenly I thought: didn't Lileks write about this place?

    Yes, he did. We didn't go in, but I found it thrilling anyway: LILEKS SHOPPED HERE! In the Scottsdale shopping district we found a singing cowboy riding up and down the street. If his goal was to encourage purchases, he succeeded: I ducked into store after store just to get away from him.

    So now it's back to work. Last week was grueling, which is why I didn't post sooner; I started out all Zen and relaxed but that's worn off. More later.

    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment