Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Sunday, March 21, 2004
     
    As I Was Saying...

    My "pause" turned into a hiatus, it seems. I just haven't had the time or energy to post for awhile, but I'm back. I may need to do more blogging on weekends, since that's the only time I have to think or write right now.

    From Allen: "How's the remodeling coming?" Glad you asked. It's coming along fine, except for the two days without hot water I had to deal with last week. My brand-new water heater malfunctioned, and my contractor spent an entire day trying to fix it himself before giving up and phoning the manufacturer, who sent somebody out who was able to figure out what the problem was. I also had to renegotiate my home equity loan, which has taken up a chunk of the last two weeks as well. This project is expensive, but it'll be worth it when it's done; the new furnace and fan are in, and on hot days I can now turn on the fan which sucks all the hot air down into the space under the house and pulls cooler air in through the windows. The first time I tried this the temperature in the house dropped ten degrees within twenty minutes. This should make summer nights much more bearable (I don't have air conditioning).

    In recreational news: I have finally seen the first two installments of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, thanks to an "intervention" from friends of mine who said that I absolutely had to see it. (Thanks, Scott and Mary!) Yes, I know, I'm two or three years behind the times. My reaction: wow. I've never read the trilogy and couldn't get through "The Hobbit," so I wasn't sure whether I would enjoy it or not - but I did. The scenery is stunning! Elijah Wood as Frodo is wonderful, as are all the actors, but I liked the hobbits best. Now I have to see the final installment, hopefully next weekend. Peter Jackson deserved every Oscar he won.

    More soon.

    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment