Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Friday, January 30, 2004
     
    Tenet's Infrastructure Dump

    Big story in Los Angeles today. Tenet Corp. is selling off nearly a third of its hospitals. I know a lot of these hospitals: I'm on staff at Midway and Brotman handles a lot of our open-heart surgeries. Queen of Angels, Daniel Freeman and Centinela all treat a lot of our patients (when you call 911, you get taken to the closest hospital in the area). Whittier Medical Center is less than a mile from my parents' house and has been part of the town for decades. Tenet's reason for doing this is that they can't afford the $1.6 billion earthquake retrofit mandated by the state.

    I have no idea what's going to happen next with this, but it'll sure be interesting to watch. I sincerely hope that most of these hospitals don't wind up closing or we'll be in big trouble.

    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment