Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Monday, January 05, 2004
     
    Starbucks, Ten Past Seven

    I left for work earlier than usual this morning, shivering: it was cold and overcast as I left the house and the sun was just cracking the horizon. The radio weather forecast is for dry weather, but cold and windy for the next several days: that means static electricity and chapped hands to look forward to. I couldn't wait for office coffee, and decided to hit the Starbucks en route so I could warm up a bit.

    Just after I placed my order, a crowd of people walked in. I was surprised, as usually the morning rush doesn't start till a bit later. I noted the full parking lot as I left, and suddenly realized: everyone is heading back to work and trying to get there early. The holidays are over, and Winter (two months' worth) is ahead of us. You'd think I would have figured that out by now, but seeing the marked-down holiday tchotchkes, the Eggnog Latte off the drinks menu, the crowd of preoccupied workers somehow made it more real - almost official.

    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment