Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Saturday, January 31, 2004
     
    Booty Food?

    Via Bookslut (hmm, seems appropriate) comes this mention of a cookbook called Booty Food. It was written by Jacqui Malouf, who has apparently hosted a cooking show called "Hot Off the Grill," and claims to offer recipes for food to take you through all stages of a burgeoning relationship, including the morning-after breakfast. Frankly, I don't think this is a cookbook I would ever use, and I say that based on a list of sample recipes. There is no way in hell I would ever cook a man something like "Lobster Eggs Benedict Poached in Champagne Butter," for instance - not even if he were Prince Charles.

    Why not, you ask? (I can hear you from here.) Well, I'll tell you: it isn't that I'm not willing to cook (I enjoy it), and I believe that feeding a man something he really likes to eat is one of the unsung pleasures of being female. It's that nurturing thing. But I think most men would really rather have scrambled eggs, toast, and coffee in the morning, and fifteen minutes alone with the sports page for dessert.

    Shall we put it to a vote? Who agrees and who disagrees?

    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment