Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Wednesday, December 03, 2003
     
    What She Said

    I completely agree with this:

    You know who I don't get? I don't get the people who say, "Oh, I love when Lileks goes on about Target and Gnat, but I hate when he gets political." Or the opposite--"I love when he gets screedy, but I hate all that girly shit about Target!" Personally, I love both. I read Lileks because I want to "hear" Lileks. Imagine if you went out with some friends and the minute they branched off into a discussion you didn't care for, you said, "You know, I really like when you talk about work, but I hate when you talk about your girlfriends. You're really boring me." Your invitations out would dwindle pretty rapidly if you kept going around doing that.

    Read the whole thing. This is why I don't write about medicine only (I know, sometimes I don't write about it at all); there are other weblogs that do that, and they do it much better than I do. I don't have time to analyze and write long, thoughtful articles; I wish I did. You get what I have at the end of the day or between patients. It's Short Attention Span Blogging. Many times I can't think of any medical topics that I find interesting, or by the time I get around to writing something (like Medicare, for instance) it was covered by somebody else days ago.

    So I write about other stuff. Something I find funny, or that I heard that day, or whatever. Vodkapundit mixes political commentary and recipes. It works for me.

    So there you have it. Ilyka verbalized my position much better than I did.

    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment