Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Tuesday, December 02, 2003
     
    Thanksgiving Dialogue

    I staggered into the kitchen at 7:00 Thanksgiving morning to find my mother and sister already busy cooking and their pecan pies in the oven. My niece and nephew (ages five and three) were standing on stepstools, peering into the sink, raptly contemplating the 21-pound turkey resting therein.

    As I absorbed some coffee, I listened to their commentary:

    "Is this his neck? Aunt Alice, look!" (Waving turkey neck in the air.) "How'd they cut it off? Did it hurt?"

    My nephew lifted the wing: "What's under there?"

    "That's his armpit," said my niece, knowledgeably.

    "Is this his bottom? Mommy, does he poo? Which end is his bottom?"

    "Well, honey, he doesn't have his guts anymore, so he can't poo," I tried to explain. "They took them out, see?" At which point the bag of giblets came into play.

    Let's just say these kids will never join PETA. They were having a great time.

    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment