Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Thursday, October 23, 2003
     
    Poison Hangman??

    So I have this patient who may have cognitive dysfunction due to a toxic exposure of some sort, and I went on the Web to search for info about poison control centers so that I could talk to someone about this problem and get more information about testing and treating her.

    What do I find?

    Poison Hangman!

    Yep, that's their idea of educating the public. Quote: "Don't forget, all the words are poison related!" Which is a total lie, by the way, because the first word I got was "failure." (Yes, I played it, and I got the first word in under thirty seconds. I rock.) Will somebody tell me how the concept of failure relates to poisoning? Mommy failed to keep the toilet cleaner away from the baby? The ipecac failed to do its job? I don't know, I'm just asking.

    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment