Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Friday, August 01, 2003
     
    Friday Roundup

    Remember my post on formication awhile back? (Sorry, I can't link to it. You know how Blogger is.) Quick refresher: formication is sort of a cross between obsession-compulsion and tactile hallucinations, in which patients are convinced that their skin is infested with bugs - when it isn't. Well, apparently some people are so convinced that they have a real problem that they have founded the National Unidentified Skin Parasite Association. Sad, really; the descriptions listed at the website are classic for formication. I found myself wondering for a minute whether the whole site couldn't be a satire, but evidently not.

    Next, go here to see the Single Bitter Announcement Weblog. I got a kick out of this one. And you really must see the Harry Potter Double Entendres List - it's hysterically funny, consisting of quotes taken out of context from Order of the Phoenix.

    For all you Southern Californians reading this, I have perhaps the ultimate time-wasting site for you: Yesterland. Remember those old Disney attractions circa 1972? The Chicken of the Sea-sponsored Pirate Ship Restaurant that served tuna sandwiches? The PeopleMover? They're all here. I have spent an embarrassing amount of time at this website, reminiscing.

    And lastly, Ilyka was kind enough to recognize my blog (glad you like it!) and has yet another post on doctors' dictation styles - this time, the good ones. It's hysterical. I especially liked Dr. Why-Must-I-Get-All-The-Freaks and Dr. Formal.

    Thanks to Dave Barry, Bookslut and Ernie for some of the above links.

    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment