Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Wednesday, August 06, 2003
     
    Curse. Bang Head Against Wall. Repeat.

    I have a story to share with you, courtesy of one of my partners.

    Last week she got an urgent call from a patient complaining of a drooping eyelid. My partner sent the patient to the ophthalmologist, who was concerned (appropriately so) and spent quite a bit of time taking a history and doing an exam. He also ordered an MRI to evaluate the possiblility of nerve palsy or neuritis.

    The ophthalmologist called my fellow MD the next day to inform her that the patient had called him back, to tell him that she'd had Botox injections the day before she developed her palsy -- "could this have anything to do with my drooping eyelid?"

    It's a wonder to me that more doctors don't murder their patients.

    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment