Feet First

“It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has.” - Sir William Osler






Email Dr. Alice


    follow me on Twitter
    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
    Saturday, July 05, 2003
     
    Observations

    1. Happy July 4th. Hope you all enjoyed it. I had a great time, even though I'm on call, because I have had relatively few phone calls. It's hot here, finally, after an overcast June and the city has emptied out. (Rumor has it everyone has gone to Santa Barbara.) I've been able to enjoy the lazy feeling of summer for the first time this year. I went to a friend's house for dinner and we shot off fireworks in the street.

    2. Tuesday, my jury duty day, was actually my tenth anniversary of working as a practicing physician; July 1, 1993 was my first day out of residency. I can't believe that ten years have gone by so fast. If this sounds like I'm talking about a wedding anniversary, that's what it feels like; I think I'm one of those people who is truly wedded to their job, for better or worse - and there has been a fair amount of worse - but I can't see myself doing, or wanting to do, anything else for a living.

    3. Fellow blogger Jack has a great post about Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I haven't bought the book yet because I know if I buy it, I'll read it, and I'm saving it to savor later in the summer. I didn't think there were any major spoilers in the post, but if you don't want to know anything that happens in the book, don't read it. Since he's on Blogger and the links don't work, you may need to scroll down a tad.

    0 comments

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment